Subscribe To Rosie Bakes A 'Peace' of Cake

Friday 23 November 2007

Banana Butterscotch Loaf

We have "7 wonders of the world" and if this loaf cake came into those stakes I’m sure it would be listed in this title. If you could imagine biting into a moist banana loaf, you are only halfway there with this little beauty. Throw into the mix Green & Black’s Butterscotch chocolate and pecans, now the picture begins to form of what an outstanding treat we have here. Even better still, it’s an easy cake to make too! Don’t take my word for it, I urge you to try this recipe out yourself.


Banana Butterscotch Loaf
Cuts into 15 slices

Ingredients
A little butter to grease
175g (6oz) plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp each of bicarbonate of soda and salt
175g (6oz) light muscovado sugar
2 large eggs
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
150g Green & Black’s Butterscotch chocolate, chopped
150g pot natural yoghurt
100g (3 ½ oz) pecans, chopped
1-2tbsp Demerara sugar

Preheat the oven to 170ºC/fan 150ºC/325ºF/ mark 3.

Grease and line a 1.4kg (3lb) loaf tin with greaseproof paper.Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl and mix together.In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy. Stir in the bananas, chopped chocolate, yoghurt and 50g (2oz) pecans, followed by the flour mixture.Spoon into the tin, sprinkle with remaining pecans and the Demerara. Bake for 1hr or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin, turn out and slice.

Store wrapped in foil in an airtight tin.

9 comments:

Finla said...

Wow this is indeed a beautie, i will try it in January as christmas december is a busy month :-) not to mention all the events going on the blog world.
I went to marias blog and checked the recipie, i am not sure if i get here, Green & Black’s Butterscotch chocolate, chopped

Chef Jeena said...

Hey Rosie that looks a lovely recipe I will check out the link. You sure did a great job baking it yummy. :)

Rosie said...

Hi happy cook,
I brought normal bars of Green & Black’s Butterscotch chocolate and chopped it by hand. I would think any chocolate would be lovely in this recipe :) This really is a very good loaf cake, I hope you try it out too.

Hi Jeena,
I do hope you'll try this recipe it is a wonderful bake. I think this is one of my hubby's favs :)


Thanks ladies for calling by and also for your very kind comments :)

Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

I can definitely vouch how good this loaf cake is and Rosie your loaf came out wonderful. I am sure your hubby will be asking for this time and time again now ;o)

Maria
x

Rosie said...

Hi Maria,
Heehee I think this cake may have just taken over the cheesecake Mr R loves SO much :) Thanks so much for the recipe!!

Rosie x

Mansi said...

butterscotch was my fav flavor when i was in india..i bet this cake tastes awesome!!

Rosie said...

Hi Mansi, I have to say this is awesome and one of my favourite cakes :D

Rosie x

Finla said...

Rosie I made you cake and they are just delicious.
We all loved the cake. I took it to my inlaws place for coffee.
I just posted them on my page.

Rosie said...

Happy!!! You've made my day sweetie :D I'm off to have a view now of your cake!! I am SO pleased you enjoyed it!!

Rosie x