Subscribe To Rosie Bakes A 'Peace' of Cake

Wednesday 22 August 2007

Preserved Apricots in Brandy

I find preserving food for later on in the year quite a comfort like you will gather from my previous posts (!) Even though in the U.K. it’s been rather a wash out of a summer, I thought it’s still perfect to bring out a jar of preserve during those long days of winter.

I came by making this preserve after buying an excellent punnet of apricots at a local shop. They were destined for something more than a pie or a crumble I thought.

A search on the old ‘tinternet’ came up with a recipe. It ticked all boxes for ingredients I already had in. It seemed a quick reliable recipe from Waitrose.com I halved the recipe and it filled a small kilner jar. I can visualise my chewy meringues with whipped cream and the ultimate touch of preserved apricots and drizzles of brandy syrup oozing down the sides. This is what I call sheer bliss…

The link for the recipe is here and you will also gather it is quick for anyone where time factors come into consideration too.

2 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

This looks abslutely gorgeous!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Rosie said...

Hiya Jenni, Many thanks for allowing me to join the foodie blogroll, also for your kind words on the Apricot preserve. Rosie :o)