Subscribe To Rosie Bakes A 'Peace' of Cake

Tuesday 4 September 2007

Blueberry Muffins

I can feel guilt free eating one of these gorgeous blueberry muffins after all it is known that blueberries are good for you and I’ll go along with that anytime. Kidding put aside, I do enjoy using blueberries in baking and I hear you ask why? I adore the way they burst into freedom coating with their wonderful luscious blueness into the cake/muffins.

Imagine breaking open a fresh blueberry muffin still warm with your choice of coffee/tea, a perfect combo for breakfast on the run or a midmorning snack? Well I don’t need an excuse to eat these muffins be it breakfast, lunch or dinner I just can’t resist at anytime * giggle*. You see my will power is weak with these darling muffins, how is your will power I ask?

Here is my recipe:

Blueberry Muffins

Makes 6 large muffins

Ingredients
175g (6 oz) plain flour
1½ tsp baking powder
75g (3 oz) soft butter
75g (3 oz) caster sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 large egg, beaten
Few drops of vanilla extract
100 ml (3½ fl oz) milk
110g (4 oz) fresh blueberries or 150g (5 oz) dried blueberries

Method

Preheat oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Line a muffin tin with 6 large muffin cases.

In a bowl sift the flour and baking powder together and put to one side for later.

In another bowl add the butter, sugar and honey and beat until light and fluffy. Next add a little of the beaten egg at a time so the mixture doesn’t curdle and also add the vanilla extract and then beat the mixture until all incorporated.

Stir in the flour and milk alternately beginning with flour and ending with flour. Gently fold in the blueberries trying not to crush them and then spoon the mixture into your muffin cases equally.

Place in the preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes until golden and cooked. To check if cooked, the tops should feel firm to touch and when a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean with no mixture clinging.

Note: check the muffins after 25 minutes in the oven to see if cooked. Every oven is different and some cook faster/slower.

3 comments:

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Rosie I just had to bake these delicious muffins when I saw this recipe.

They tasted AMAZING!

Thank you for sharing the recipe we all really enjoyed them. They were better than any blueberry muffins I have ever bought from a shop.

Check out my post about your delicious recipe here blueberry muffins

Jeena x

Rosie said...

Hi Jeena, THANK YOU!! I am SO very touched and excited that you have tried my recipe out! :) Your Blueberry Muffins just look SO perfect Jeena and thank you once again as, "Rosie jumps for joy" :D :D

Rosie x

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the excellent recipe Rosie. Adding honey is a healthy idea. Absolutely love it & make it again & again :))

Abhi