Subscribe To Rosie Bakes A 'Peace' of Cake

Thursday 26 July 2007

Romantic Rose Cupcakes

I found these adorable little Romantic Rose Cupcakes on the BBC Food Website . (Click on the link for the recipe.)


I knew I just had to bake them even though it wasn't for any special event. The sponge base is easy to make and to my surprise the little roses are SO easy too.

Can you imagine my joy at being able to use some of my different colour pastes into the bargain? I've been collecting recently 'Sugar flair' coloured pastes, this was my excuse for having fun and playing around them *smile*.

All that is needed to make the roses, ready-to-roll icing, a little solid vegetable fat, for rolling, edible food colouring paste of your choice and a dab of edible lustre for a shimmer! Even better still for me, when I found out it was white chocolate frosting, sheer heaven for a self confessed chocoholic that I am lol.

The recipe also suggests, wedding cupcakes with the roses coloured to the theme of the bridal party. As you see I didn't need an excuse to bake them for a wedding, these are perfect for anytime as a little treat.

No comments: